Monday, 10 June 2013

MADONNA-OPEN YOUR HEART (1986)

In 1986, Madonna released her thirth studio album, True Blue, that includessome of her big hits as La Isla Bonita and Papa don´t preach. Open your heart was the fourth single of the album and reached 1# in US and UK, and was a worldwide success.




The demo of the song was composed by Gardner Cole and Peter Rafelson with the name ``Follow your heart´´, and it was a more rock and roll song. It was written with Cindy Lauper in mind, but she never played it, and The Temptations were considered but in the end, Madonna decided to record it. She and her producer Patrick Leonard changed some of the lyrics and added a bassline that turned the song into more dance and rock. After all this, Rafelson and Cole were credited as co-writers of the song with Madonna, and she and Leonard produced the track. It was the first song recorded for True Blue album.

The video is one of the most famous of Madonna´s career. It was shot at Echo Park, California, and Madonna portrays a peep-show dancer who befriends with a child, played by Felix Howard. He waits outside the club, because he can´t come in, while Madonna dances. It´s the first time that we can see Madonna wearing one of her future famous bustiers (the black one is my favourite). The video was going to by directed by actor Sean Penn, Madonna´s then-husband, but in the end, it was directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino. The outside decoration of the peep show club was made with imitations of paintings by Tamara De Lempicks (Madonna is a huge fan and collector of Lempicka´s works).

The song has been performed on live several times, and it´s one of the most famous songs of the 80s. As well, it has been covered by several artist as rock singer Melissa, Ofra Haza, and the eurodance band Mad House. The song appears in the opening of the movie Crossroads, where Britney Spears character lip syncs to the song in her room.

This song is my favourite, I´m a huge fan of her, so I do like to listen it and sing it!!

More info Madonna Open your heart

Lyrics

Watch out!

I see you on the street and you walk on by
You make me want to hang my head down and cry
If you gave me half a chance you´d see
My desire burning inside of me
But you choose to look the other way

I´ve had to work much harder than this
For something I want, don´t try to resist me

Chorus:
Open your heart to me, baby
I hold the lock and hold the key
Open your heart to me, darlin´
I´ll give you love if you, you turn the key

I think that you are afraid to look in my eyes
You look a little sad boy, I wonder why
I follow you around but you can´t see
You´re too wrapped in yourself to notice
So you choose to look the other way
Well, I´ve got something to say

Don´t try to run I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop from trying, you´ve got to

(Chorus)

Open your heart with the key
One is such a lonely number
Ah, ah, ah, ah

Open your heart, i´ll make you love me
It´s not that hard, if you just turn the key

Watch out!

Don´t try to run I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop from trying, you´ve got to

(Chorus)

Open your heart with the key
Open your heart, i´ll make you love me
It´s not that hard, if you just turn the key

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment